Disclaimer - A bold prediction is not something that is likely or probably to happen. Bold predictions are guesses that are beyond what anyone can reaosnably expect to happen, but not so far as to be physically impossible. Saying that Rex Ryan will eat a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts is not a bold prediction, nor is saying that Shonn Greene will run for 923 yards and twelve touchdowns. By definition, bold predictions are unlikely, but possible, to occur.
With that said, here are our bold predictions for tomorrow's game:
Scott's Bold Predictions:
- Greg McElroy will throw for over 200 yards and two touchdowns.
- Braylon Edwards will catch both touchdowns.
- Jeremy Kerley will return a punt for a touchdown (NOT fair catch it!) and collect 175+ all-purpose yards.
Smackdad's Bold Predictions:
- The New York Jets will come up with their finest defensive performance of the year, holding the San Diego Chargers to three points and under 200 total yards of offense.
- Bilal Powell will run for over 100 total yards and score two touchdowns.
- Antonio Cromartie will shut out whomever he covers, likely Denario Alexander. Zero catches, zero yards.
Smackdad's Bonus Prediction:
Numerous GGNers will take the occasion of an easy Jets victory to bitch about:
- Why didn't we bench Sanchez sooner?
- This win will screw up our draft position.
- This win will solidify the positions of Tanny and/or Rex, both of whom MUST GO NOW!!!
- We can only beat the crappy teams.
- The GGN staff are too homerish.
- The GGN staff are too critical.
- JB writes crappy articles with points much too obvious to even bother writing about.
- But they are much to busy to write something worthwhile themselves. They actually love JB's stuff. Carry on.
- GGN Harmony.com hasn't gotten them any dates yet.
- Rex is a buffoon, the Jets are a circus, Woody is a joke, and Tanny is a moron.
Scott - 21-10, NYJ
Smackdad - 23-3, NYJ