I typically post this on Game Day but I can't guarantee that I'll have internet access tomorrow, so here's an early present for all of you.
Disclaimer - A bold prediction is not something that is likely or probable to happen. Bold predictions are guesses that are beyond what anyone can reasonably expect to happen, but not so far as to be physically impossible. Saying that Mark Sanchez is going to throw for 162 yards and one touchdown is not a bold prediction, nor is saying that Shonn Greene will run for 923 yards and twelve touchdowns. By definition, they are unlikely, but possible, to occur.
With that said, here are my five bold predictions for tomorrow:
1. We will see Brian Schottenheimer do something truly Schottenheimer. The New York Jets have the sixth best pass defense in the league? I expect the St. Louis Rams to throw the ball 59 times, ala the game last year against the New York Giants. This actually may not be a bold prediction, and is probably pretty likely.
2. In the past four games, Muhammad Wilkerson has 33 tackles, 1 sack, 2 forced fumbles, and a fumble recovery for a TD. According to Pro Football Focus, he is the fourth best defensive lineman in the league, including both 3-4 and 4-3 defenses. I predict that Wilkerson will continue his dominating ways that we saw last week and record three tackles-for-loss, two sacks, and a forced fumble. And a partridge in a pear tree.
3. Mark Sanchez, after displaying incredible ineptitude the past few weeks, will deliver one of his best performances of the season, right in front of his old offensive coordinator, and stave off calls for his benching for another week.
4. After struggling against tough, physical defenders all season, Stephen Hill will finally wake up from the slumber he's basically been in since the game against the Buffalo Bills, and record five catches for 90 yards and a touchdown.
5. In an effort to show the world that Tim Tebow isn't as bad as the reports from Manish Mehta indicated, Tony Sparano will finally use Tebow correctly in the red zone. Tebow will score his first touchdown of the season, and GGN will get flooded with posts about how he's the savior and how keeping him on the bench will guarantee eternal damnation in the fiery pits of hell for all the writers here (this too is probably already going to happen... I'm looking at you, Smackdad).
What are your bold predictions for today?