After the game, Crowder was so upset he mixed up his historical figures, complaining the officials who missed the spit had eyesight comparable to Stevie Wonder and Anne Frank. When reporters confused by the reference to Frank further queried Crowder, it became clear he meant Helen Keller instead.
"Is that the blind girl?" Crowder said. "Helen Keller? I don't know. ... I'm mad right now. I'm not as swift as I usually am." -SI.com
Got a good chuckle out of this as I figured most Jets fans would as well. I'm not a history major but c'mon man!
More From Gang Green Nation
- New York Jets Flight Connections 05/28/23
- New York Jets Flight Connections 05/27/23
- Cardinals cut DeAndre Hopkins; Should the Jets be interested?
- Jets cornerback Brandin Echols suspended for first game of 2023 season
- New York Jets Flight Connections 5/26/23
- Scouting Jets rookie linebacker Zaire Barnes