- The obvious one, Mark Sanchez looked great last week. He appears composed beyond his years. He stood up to the pass rush and carried the offense.
- New England had pass protection issues against a defensive front that isn't as tough to block as the one the Jets have.
- It takes a long time to fully heal from a torn ACL, and Tom Brady's knee doesn't look like it is all the way back. He airmailed a lot of throws, which suggests he didn't fully have a base of strength under him.
- Fred Jackson broke some big plays on the Pats, and Fred Jackson isn't Leon Washington.
- While Leon played well last week, he didn't break any memorable plays. He's due for one.
- Jerricho Cotchery has had some of his biggest games against New England in the past.
- Rex Ryan is one of the few coaches in football legitimately capable of X'ing and O'ing with Bill Belichick.
Things That Make Me Hopeful in Week 2
By John B