- The Texans had one of the worst rush defenses in the league last season. They did make a number of changes to their front seven like drafting Brian Cushing and signing Shaun Cody and Antonio Smith, but it could take them some time to mesh.
- Big things are expected of this franchise for the first time. Peter King has them edging the Colts and Titans for the division title. They are favorites in this game. How do they respond?
- The weak link of their offensive line is the guy going against Kris Jenkins.
- Darrelle Revis is an elite corner. He has regularly shut down top flight opposing receivers. The Jets are one of the few teams that might be able to take away Andre Johnson without doing anything special. Can the Texans respond if what they do best is taken away?
- One starting corner is hurt for the Texans. The other had his first practice with the team this week. This means the unproven Jets receivers have a favorable matchup.
- Defensive coordinator Frank Bush is probably going to blitz a rookie quarterback a lot. That means with a potentially scaled back offense, the Jets may have no choice but throw Leon Washington a lot of screens.
Things That Make Me Hopeful in Week 1
By John B