Landry is a really interesting prospect. When he arrived in Indianapolis for the 2014 NFL combine, he had a first/second round grade on him. Unfortunately he went on to record the slowest 40 time of any receiver at the combine and some have speculated, that makes him a 3rd round prospect at best. However personally I don't agree, he was never considered a burner, he was a physical possession receiver. He plays faster and he hasn't had problems getting open in college. He uses his physical ability and awareness to find the gaps.
Jarvis was rated as a 5 star recruit coming out of Metairie, LA and the number one receiving recruit in the country. After being offered a boat-load of scholarship offers he chose to play his football at LSU. He completed a highly successful career at one of the premier football colleges in America, and will now look to take his talent to the next level in the NFL.
Arms: 31 3'4
Hands: 10 1/4"
40 yards: 4.77
- Very intelligent route runner, using good awareness and savvy to get open.
- Physical blocker who loves to get his hands on corners.
- Excellent body control and balance in routes.
- Gets in and out of breaks quickly without losing any speed.
- Excellent pass catcher, snatches the ball away from his body.
- Goes up and gets a lot of 50-50 balls, very physical in contested contests.
- Not afraid to go over the middle and make the catches that will get him hit.
- Makes some very difficult catches look routine.
- Always manages to find the soft spot in zone coverage.
- Comes from a pro-style offence and is already familiar with the NFL route-tree.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination, reliable hands.
- Can't emphasise enough how physical this receiver is.
- Doesn't have elite speed and won't run past many corners.
- Doesn't possess great open field moves after the catch.
- Doesn't have great acceleration off the line.