Earlier this week, Scott wrote about Worilds and Orakpo resigning with their teams, at least for 2014. With this in mind, the OLB free agent poor looks to be extremely weak and the likelihood is Calvin Pace will be back for another year. If we draft a young highly touted prospect to play back-up or share snaps with him, I can get on board. If we sign him to be the starter, I have to start questioning the coaching staff and their reluctance to address a serious issue on this team. We could have upwards of 12 selections in the draft this year and it's time we built depth and talent across the board.
Success has come naturally to Kyle, but that doesn't mean he didn't have to work for it. He played both linebacker and receiver in high school and led his team to a 4A state title. He lettered in Baseball, Basketball and Track, so it's safe to say he is a fantastic athlete. This has no relevance to his footballing ability but as we shared a major I'm going to mention it, his major was history.
Kyle at the moment is touted as being a late 2nd round prospect, these things can change quickly of course but as a second round prospect, he will surely have some interest for the Jets and their lack of depth at the position.
40 Time: 4.71
Vertical: 32 1/2
3 Cone: 7.22
|Year||Tackles||For A Loss||Sacks||Forced Fumbles||Interceptions||Pass Defences|
- A very fluid athlete, which is hardly surprising when you look at his history. However turning to run in coverage was about as fluid as I've seen from a linebacker. Flips the hips well, and has a good break on the football in coverage.
- Active hands. It's unusual to have two positives to start based on coverage, but he really does do a nice job of getting his hands in-between the football and the receiver.
- Good change of direction. Really plants that foot and explodes either in pass coverage or in run support.
- Excellent awareness. Really has a feel for the game and takes good angles and barely every takes the incorrect first step.
- Leader: Showed a lot of character to battle through some injuries in 2013, and was seen as the defensive leader on the field, very vocal and willing to do the dirty work.
- Shows a nice array of pass rushing moves, has enough speed to trouble the edge but also mixes in some moves to keep offensive lineman off balance.
- Works through traffic well and just seems to disengage at the exact moment he should to make the tackle. Which comes down to having a good feel for the game.
- Production dipped his senior season, however personally I think that has to do with him not having Ziggy Ansah in their occupying blockers....hello Mo Wilkerson!
- Doesn't have elite speed to really come off the edge in a hurry. I think he plays fast enough but he's not a speed rusher who will come flying off the edge.
- Not as physical as I would like him to be. He doesn't miss many tackles, so you can't really have a problem with it, however sometimes I want to see him run through someone, but he seems content to just bring them down. Not really a negative, but just something that frustrates me.