I'll try to keep everything pretty brief. Although we all have different opinions, the goal is to make the team better going forward. While the Jets showed promise last season, it's impossible to fill all the holes in Free Agency. It's impossible to fill all the holes in the draft. However, I'm hopefull we'll be able to add some quality players that can really help the squad going forward. Here it goes.
- CB Antonio Cromartie - $9.5 mil
- QB Mark Sanchez - $8.3 mil
- WR Santonio Holmes -$8.25 mil
- RB Mike Goodson - $1.5 mil
- Scrubs making under $1 mill who i'm not gonna bother naming (sue me)
I suck at math, but all in all, I think we're looking at roughly 45 million in cap space to play with.
- RT Austin Howard - 4 years, $18 mil (4.5 per)
- Antonio Cromartie - 3 years, $12 mill (4 per) - Coming off a down season, where i personally thought he looked pretty bad, I also take into consideration that he suffered a multitude of injuries and is a year removed from being one of the top DB's in the game.
- Willie Colon - 1 year, $1.5 mil
- Jeff Cumberland - 2 years, $3 mil
Notable Free Agents
- FS Jairus Byrd - 5 Years, $42 mil (8.4 per) - Seems like he's on everyone's wish list. Best free safety available.
- RB Darren McFadden, 3 Years $12 mil (4 per) - I really struggled with this and i expect to hear a lot of criticism. Injuries, inconsistency, etc. i get it. But this guy had a TON of talent coming out of college and did have one remarkable season a couple years ago. RB isn't a pressing need, but this deal has Home Run potential in my opinion if he can stay healthy.
- WR James Jones - 2 Years, $10 mil (5 per) - I like James Jones as a solid wideout and someone who won't require long-term commitment in guaranteed dollars.
- TE Jermichael Finley - 4 Years, $24 mill ($6 per) - Coming off a devastating injury, word around the league was that it could be career ending. However, the buzz around Finley lately has been much more optimistic and there's hope he could be medically cleared "very soon." Only 26 years old.
- QB Terrelle Pryor in exchange for 2014 5th round selection - Provides some much needed depth at the QB position and some competition for Geno. Had fallen out of favor in Oakland.
- 1st Round - WR Brandin Cooks, Oregon State
- 2nd Round - OLB Kyle Van Noy, BYU
- 3rd Round - OG/OT David Yankey, Stanford
- 3rd Round - CB Loucheiz Purifoy, Florida
- 4th Round - TE C.J. Fiedorowicz, Iowa
- 5th Round - TRADE - QB Terrelle Pryor, Oakland Raiders
Starters & Notable Back-Ups
QB: Geno Smith, Terrelle Pryor
RB: Darren McFadden, Chris Ivory, Bilal Powell
FB: Tommy Bohanon
WR: Brandin Cooks, James Jones, Jeremy Kerley, Stephen Hill, Allen Hurns
TE: Jermichael Finley, C.J. Fiedorowicz, Jeff Cumberland
LT: D'Brickashaw Ferguson
LG: Brian Winters
C: Nick Mangold
RG: David Yankey, Willie Colon
RT: Austin Howard
DE: Muhammed Wilkerson,
NT: Damon Harrison
DE: Sheldon Richardson
OLB: Quinton Coples,
ILB: David Harris, Demario Davis,
OLB: Kyle Van Noy
CB: Antonio Cromartie, Dee Milliner, Loucheiz Purifoy, Kyle Wilson,
FS: Jairus Byrd
SS: Antonio Allen, Dawan Landry
Do as I say, and we'll be bringing the Super Bowl Trophy Home Sweet Home in 2015