The following is based on PFT's Top 100 Free Agents compiled on March 5, just before the Free Agency period (actually they list 108).
The point here is not to debate exactly where each player should be ranked. Who cares at this point anyway? But this just provides a framework to discuss which players may be added who could be real contributors next year. Of the 108 players originally listed, 21 remain, most towards the bottom of the list.
By the way, here is the rankings of players either lost or gained by the Jets to date (as of March 17, 10AM): Eric Decker 9th, Austin Howard 66th, Breno Giacomini 98th. (any other Free Agents such as Pace and Colon did not make the list).
Top Available Free Agents
12. Rodgers-Cromartie CB Cardinals. As everyone knows, Jets are trying to acquire him.
43. Corey Wootton, DE Bears. No interest.
49. Antonio Cromartie, CB Jets. Fallback for DRC loser.
72. Jermichael Finley, TE Packers. Same as above.
76. Knowshon Moreno, RB Broncos. Not a peep in the market yet. A possibility.
82. James Starks, RB Packers. Maybe, but don't see it.
83. Robert Ayers, DE Broncos. No interest.
87. Dabin Joseph, G Bucs. What a bum. Rather have Colon.
91. Lagarrette Blount, RB Patriots. Another RB with rock hands? No thanks.
93. MJD, RB Panthers. Strong Possibility. Makes sense. Like Vick, Idzik waiting him out.
95. Brian DeLaPuente, C Seahawks. No interest.
99. Travelle Wharton, G Panthers. Ugh.
108. Josh Freeman, QB Vikings. Shirley, you can't be serious.