Hello folks, Darshv3 here bringing you the 83rd thread about nothing. Today we're gonna take a look at the post-grunge genre, a genre that I, admittedly, really love for some reason. It was essentially a way to take the same sounds and aesthetics of the original 80s-90s grunge wave and turn it into something that was easier to listen to for mass audiences. Essentially, water it down. It took out a lot of the raw angst, anger, and raw emotion of Grunge and replaced it with simple song structures getting across simpler narratives about love and other topics apparent in mainstream music, even recently getting to the point of drinking anthems. Some of the bigger names in this Genre include 3 Doors Down, Nickelback, Daughtry, Three Days Grace, Foo Fighters , Seether, Breaking Benjamin, and even Audioslave to some extent. This genre also produced quite a few one-hit-wonders in the early 2000s with songs that all sounded really similar to one another. This is one of those songs: Wasting My Time by Canadian band Default. And just like the vast majority of post-grunge (except Creed), I like it. Now, the rules
1) Don't be stupid. No politics, no excessive swearing, and no cursing out other people. No porn. No graphic violence/ gore. Period.
2) The mods have ultimate, mind boggling authority. Sp0rtsfan86 and I are the TAN mods. If we say drop it, let it go. Same goes for any other mod/editor. Don't argue with us. We have final say, period. We like drama on TV not on GGN.
3) Avoid joking at someone else's expense. Joking is fine, but there is a line. Don't cross it. Don't engage in personal attacks or insults. Don't be the know it all. Have fun, be friendly
4) Arguments are not what the TAN is about. It's about acknowledging the awesome mightiness of the mods being friendly, getting to know everyone and conversation. Try to see the other person's point of view. Nothing wrong with disagreement, but don't resort to personal attacks and insults. Attacking the reasoning is fine; attacking the person is not.
5) Do not talk ill of others, especially those that are not TANNERS. If somebody you miss hasn't been around, say you miss them, express your concern for them, but do not criticize them for not being around. 6) If a topic is borderline we will warn you. Do not argue. Accept it and move on.
7) Enjoy the TAN, enjoy the internet friends you've met. Enjoy the fact you can rant about work, school, etc. on GGN. Enjoy the cat pics. Tell everyone you know or hope to know how wonderful Smackdad is. Other sites don't have threads like this. ENJOY THE TAN!
8) If there is a problem email sp0rtsfan86 at email@example.com or Smackdad firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll try to work something out so that we don't have issues. We promise you will remain anonymous.
Now, enjoy the song