Hello friends, Gang Green Gang here with the 84th Thread Aboot Nothing. So the Patriots won....again, and I had a very clever TAN in case they lost. But they didn't. That Tom Brady was always kinda funny lookin'. You know, in a general kinda way. Oh yah. So anyway, I decided to make the name of this thread after one of my favorite movies about some silly people in Minnesota (and North Dakota too)...Fargo! I love the Coen brothers, such geniuses in their work, and this movie is just an example of it.
Despite having nothing to do with Fargo, I've decided the music of choice would be from the lovely pop group Pantera. Okay, so they're not pop at all and are actually Groove Metal, but what's the difference really? Pantera was around in the 90s and in my not so humble opinion is the best one from that decade. Unfortunately, the band split in the early 2000s and any thought of a reunion ended with the unfortunate death of guitar god Dimebag Darrell Abbott, who was shot on stage by a delusional fan. He was however, laid to rest in a KISS coffin, which just makes me feel like KISS tried a bit hard with the whole commercialism thing. Groove Metal isn't a very large sub-group of metal with the main band really being Pantera. Other bands include Exhorder, Sepultura, and Lamb of God, though I couldn't really tell you if they are truly Groove because I only listen to Pantera. Groove Metal is very similar to thrash metal, and often times confused for it, but one of the main differences is the slower tempo and the lower tuned guitars. If you listen to true thrash metal (like Metallica's Kill 'Em All) and anything from Pantera, you can see a clear difference. Here are some of my favorite songs, which I'll let you know are probably NSFW because there might be some cursing but there is hardly any. Besides that, your boss might not want metal blasting at your office. Though Pantera can be a lot louder and more cursier than they are in these songs.
1) Don't be stupid. No politics, no excessive swearing, and no cursing out other people. No porn. No graphic violence/ gore. Period.
2) The mods have ultimate, mind boggling authority. Sp0rtsfan86 and I are the TAN mods. If we say drop it, let it go. Same goes for any other mod/editor. Don't argue with us. We have final say, period. We like drama on TV not on GGN.
3) Avoid joking at someone else's expense. Joking is fine, but there is a line. Don't cross it. Don't engage in personal attacks or insults. Don't be the know it all. Have fun, be friendly
4) Arguments are not what the TAN is about. It's about acknowledging the awesome mightiness of the mods being friendly, getting to know everyone and conversation. Try to see the other person's point of view. Nothing wrong with disagreement, but don't resort to personal attacks and insults. Attacking the reasoning is fine; attacking the person is not.
5) Do not talk ill of others, especially those that are not TANNERS. If somebody you miss hasn't been around, say you miss them, express your concern for them, but do not criticize them for not being around.
6) If a topic is borderline we will warn you. Do not argue. Accept it and move on.
7) Enjoy the TAN, enjoy the internet friends you've met. Enjoy the fact you can rant about work, school, etc. on GGN. Enjoy the cat pics. Tell everyone you know or hope to know how wonderful Smackdad is. Other sites don't have threads like this. ENJOY THE TAN!
8) If there is a problem email sp0rtsfan86 at firstname.lastname@example.org or Smackdad email@example.com. We'll try to work something out so that we don't have issues. We promise you will remain anonymous.
The famous Cowboys from Hell, because Pantera's from Texas so what do you expect
This one's Hollow which is about a friend of the lead singer who was in a fatal car accident. A bit of a touchier song by Pantera (similar to Cemetary Gates, another good song)
Enjoy my first of many TANS!