Welcome to the TAN, the infamous Thread About Nothing, Toccata and Fugue In D Minor edition. This may well be the greatest piece of music ever written, produced by the greatest composer who ever lived. In the infancy of Baroque music, out of whole cloth Bach somehow manages to presage virtually everything that happens in music for the next 150 years, from Baroque to Classical to Romantic. It is an absolutely amazing piece utterly unlike anything any of his contemporaries were producing.
Now, on to the rules.
1) Don't be stupid. No politics, no excessive swearing, and no cursing out other people. No porn. No graphic violence/ gore. Period.
2) The mods have ultimate, mind boggling authority. Sp0rtsfan86 and I are the TAN mods. If we say drop it, let it go. Same goes for any other mod/editor. Don't argue with us. We have final say, period. We like drama on TV not on GGN.
3) Avoid joking at someone else's expense. Joking is fine, but there is a line. Don't cross it. Don't engage in personal attacks or insults. Don't be the know it all. Have fun, be friendly
4) Arguments are not what the TAN is about. It's about
acknowledging the awesome mightiness of the mods being friendly, getting to know everyone and conversation. Try to see the other person's point of view. Nothing wrong with disagreement, but don't resort to personal attacks and insults. Attacking the reasoning is fine; attacking the person is not.
5) Do not talk ill of others, especially those that are not TANNERS. If somebody you miss hasn't been around, say you miss them, express your concern for them, but do not criticize them for not being around.
6) If a topic is borderline we will warn you. Do not argue. Accept it and move on.
7) Enjoy the TAN, enjoy the internet friends you've met. Enjoy the fact you can rant about work, school, etc. on GGN. Enjoy the cat pics.
Tell everyone you know or hope to know how wonderful Smackdad is. Other sites don't have threads like this. ENJOY THE TAN!
8) If there is a problem email sp0rtsfan86 at email@example.com or Smackdad at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll try to work something out so that we don't have issues. We promise you will remain anonymous.
In the meantime ENJOY THE TAN!
And now, Toccata and Fugue in D Minor. A musical miracle.
BBC Proms 2010 - Bach Day 1 - Toccata and fugue in d minor bwv 565 (via cheesehoven)