If you haven't heard, ESPN recently limited access to its comment section by requiring a Facebook profile to comment. This has meant a significant influx in users to GangGreenNation, as you might have seen the past few days. We welcome our new readers, and as the season is approaching, it seems opportune to remind everyone of our community guidelines. Learn it, live it, love it (or something like that). Here are some of the important parts:
- No derogatory comments regarding race, religion, creed, or sexual orientation allowed.
- Avoid discussing politics on the site.
- No personal attacks on other members allowed.
- Absolutely no threats against members or their families.
- Profanities are not forbidden, but they should be kept to a minimum. There are a lot of children who read the site. There’s a difference between typing out an expletive in the heat of the moment in a game thread when Mark Sanchez throws an interception and dropping an f-bomb every other word in a comment in the middle of June. Excessive use of profanity can result in disciplinary action.
- Disagreements should be done in respectful fashion. Attack an argument, not the person.
- No blanket stereotyping of Jets fans, players, or coaches in a negative way.
- Rules are subject to change at the administrators’ discretion at any time.
- There are no loopholes. You know what you should and shouldn’t be doing on the site. You can face disciplinary action if you do something inappropriate that isn’t specifically listed here. This isn’t a court of law. We reserve the right to disciple people and remove comments and posts as we see fit. This is a dictatorship.
Please remember to lay off personal attacks. Disagree with somebody's argument all you want, but keep it civil. Don't attack others or their motives. Don't threaten them. Don't call them names. We have a pretty slow trigger with banning here aside from obvious trolls, but I want the stuff I just mentioned to end. There are going to start being consequences. I'm not singling anybody out. I'm just saying something to keep in mind. The rules apply to everybody.
Please be careful with profanity While it's not necessarily forbidden, it needs to be kept to a minimum. We're not your mother, but children read this site. If you can't make a point without using it, you probably don't have much of a point. Please watch your language.
On the same note, it's important to be respectful of others. That's not the place to talk smack about the game. They are our guests here. They need to be treated with respect. It reflects poorly on the site when GGN members only talk trash or worse insult visiting members of other communities.
Staying on this note, be super respectful when you visit the sites of other teams. Do not start fights. Do not do things that you know will provoke others. Saying something negative about another team on GGN is one thing. Doing it on their site is a very bad thing. We don't like it when other fans come here to trash the Jets. You are their guest. Again, it reflects poorly on the site. This isn't everybody, but I'm seeing too much of it all the same. I'll tell you straight up there are no less than two GGN members the other editors and I were considering adding as writers here who have cost themselves an invitation because they do not behave on other sites.
I also encourage you to check out our FanPost/FanShot guide if you want to write your won articles. You should also check out the the Thread Against Nothing in the FanPost section. E-mail us if you have a problem or question, which you can get from the masthead.