Welcome to the TAN, the infamous Thread About Nothing, Afternoon Delight Edition. In honor of Independence Day, I give you Afternoon Delight, a song about (ahem) fireworks (sort of). A golden oldie by the Starland Vocal Band, released in our Bicentennial Year of 1976, it became a #1 hit in July of that year. In 2010 Billboard named "Afternoon Delight" the 20th sexiest song of all time. In the same year of 2010, Afternoon Delight was also named the 26th worst song of all time by AOL Radio.
Now, on to the rules.
1) Don't be stupid. No politics, no excessive swearing, and no cursing out other people. No porn. No graphic violence/ gore. Period.
2) The mods have ultimate, mind boggling authority. Sp0rtsfan86 and I are the TAN mods. If we say drop it, let it go. Same goes for any other mod/editor. Don't argue with us. We have final say, period. We like drama on TV not on GGN.
3) Avoid joking at someone else's expense. Joking is fine, but there is a line. Don't cross it. Don't engage in personal attacks or insults. Don't be the know it all. Have fun, be friendly
4) Arguments are not what the TAN is about. It's about
acknowledging the awesome mightiness of the mods being friendly, getting to know everyone and conversation. Try to see the other person's point of view. Nothing wrong with disagreement, but don't resort to personal attacks and insults. Attacking the reasoning is fine; attacking the person is not.
5) Do not talk ill of others, especially those that are not TANNERS. If somebody you miss hasn't been around, say you miss them, express your concern for them, but do not criticize them for not being around.
6) If a topic is borderline we will warn you. Do not argue. Accept it and move on.
7) Enjoy the TAN, enjoy the internet friends you've met. Enjoy the fact you can rant about work, school, etc. on GGN. Enjoy the cat pics.
Tell everyone you know or hope to know how wonderful Smackdad is. Other sites don't have threads like this. ENJOY THE TAN!
8) If there is a problem email sp0rtsfan86 at email@example.com or Smackdad at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll try to work something out so that we don't have issues. We promise you will remain anonymous.
In the meantime ENJOY THE TAN!
And now, Afternoon Delight!
Starland Vocal Band - Afternoon Delight (via Stuckon70sAgain)