Almost 20 days, 1 day of almost no action. I unilaterally and democratically decided that it was time for a renewal. And as anyone who knows me could expect, I decided to place my own stamp on the process.
So, let's lay down the flight plan here.
1) Don't be stupid. No politics, no "Excessive" swearing, and no cursing out other people. No porn. No graphic violence/ gore. Period.
2) The mods have ultimate, mind boggling authority. Sp0rtsfan and Smackdad are the TAN mods. If they say drop it, let it go. Same goes for any other mod/editor. Don't argue with them. They have final say, period, and like drama on TV not on GGN.
3) Avoid joking at someone else's expense. Joking is fine, but there is a line. Don't cross it. Don't engage in personal attacks or insults. Don't be the know it all. Have fun, be friendly
4) Arguments are not what the TAN is about. It's about being friendly, getting to know everyone and conversation. Try to see the other person's point of view. Nothing wrong with disagreement, but don't resort to personal attacks and insults. Attacking the reasoning is fine; attacking the person is not.
5) Do not talk ill of others, especially those that are not TANNERS. If somebody you miss hasn't been around, say you miss them, express your concern for them, but do not criticize them for not being around.
7) Enjoy the TAN, enjoy the internet friends you've met. Enjoy the fact you can rant about work, school, etc on GGN. Enjoy the cat pics. Other sites don't have threads like this. And if they do, they're not quite the same exact thing due to our patent-worthy but undefinable brand of uniqueness. ENJOY THE TAN!
8) If there is a problem email sp0rtsfan86 at firstname.lastname@example.org or Smackdad at email@example.com. They'll try to work something out so that we don't have issues. They promise you will remain anonymous.
9) If a topic is borderline a mod will warn you. Do not argue. Accept it, down a ration of your favorite beverage, and move on.
Oh, and if anyone's wondering, La Puerta de Alcalá is in Madrid (the gate in the old city wall in the direction of Alcalá de Henares, birthplace of Cervantes) and is also the title of a great song from I believe the 1970's.
Green 41, Pro 7, HUT! Snap it, Nick!