The Jets didn't address every position of need in the draft. In Fact they did not address several. The Jets need to fill the voids at Wide Receiver, Free Safety, Tight End and Outside Linebacker. Here are some reasonable signings to fill the empty positions.
- Braylon Edwards: Bring this man back, he was a reliable target who can potentially put up pro bowl numbers with a more accurate quarterback like Geno Smith in my opinion. He can help in the run game due to his great size at 6'3 215. He has some speed to him and is a good red zone option.
- Brandon Lloyd: Coming off a nice season of 74 rec, 911 yards and 4 touchdowns. But his best season was in 2010 with the Broncos when he posted 77 rec, 1448 yards and 11 touchdowns. So obviously the talent is there and he can be a great option for Geno and the Jets.
- Laurent Robinson: Laurent is not coming off a good season so he will come cheap. But don't get me wrong this guy can play. While in Dallas he posted 54 rec, 858 yards and 11 touchdowns. Last year was a injury filled season for him with a highly inconsistent quarterback in Blaine Gabbert.
- Kerry Rhodes: The Jets should make a strong consideration to bring Rhodes back. I was upset when they got rid of him. He can play and he is a great tackler and good against the pass. GET THIS GUY JOHN IDZIK!!
- Quintin Mikell: Coming off a nice season in St. Louis with 101 combined tackles. Quintin Mikell would be a perfect fit in Rex Ryan's system.
- Charles Woodson: Woodson only played 7 games before getting injured. He is a solid player and a future Hall of Famer. He can still play and will play good because he is a former cornerback, so the ball skills are their. Charles is a ball hawk who is great against the ren. He is not afraid to tackle so he could be a nice addition in Ryan defense.
- Chris Cooley: The past two years Chris was not a starter and rarely was involved in Washington's offense due to Fred Davis. When Chris is a starter and is involved he can be a quarterback's best friend. He is a good pass catching tight end who can block.
- Kellen Winslow: Is a great all around vet. Who still can play and can play good giving a chance. Was a pro bowler when he started in Tampa Bay.
- Dallas Clark: Production has fell down the last few years for Dallas Clark, he might not be the same Dallas Clark from his Payton Manning days. But still can produce in my mind.
All of these guys are quality players who can defend against the run with decent pass rushing abilities(None will produce double digit sacks!!)