Tomorrow's the day that determines the short- and long-term futures for every NFL franchise: the Draft.
Every year we see teams make trades, get great players at a great value, and make total head scratchers.
Without making a full prediction of the 1st round or several, here are some of my bold predictions for tomorrow's draft.
Put your bold and not-so-bold predictions in the comments section! I'd love to see them!
2. Bold Prediction: Eddie Lacy will be drafted in the 1st round - he may not be Trent Richardson or Mark Ingram coming out of college, but teams need a RB. Notice that the great passing teams, Packers and Saints have not returns to the Superbowl since they both decided to de-emphasize the running game. At least one team, maybe even one of those two, will decide that they need Lacy sooner rather than later.
3. Unbold Prediction: A Guard will be taken in the Top 10 - Cooper and Warmack all have Pro Bowl potential. Sometimes when a player is the undisputed BPA, it may trump a need. Between 8 and 10 one of the two will get picked,
4. Bold Prediction: Receivers will dominate the 1st round - A lot of teams have Franchise QBs or guys that have Franchise QB potential. Austin, Patterson, Allen, Eifert, Ertz, Hopkins and Wheaton are an extremely talented group and I believe all of them will go in the 1st round.
5. Unbold Prediction: Tyrann Mathieu and Marcus Latimore will not be drafted in the first 3 rounds - in a draft with this much raw talent, blatant risks on players with injuries and drug problems may not be as popular as they have been in the past.
6. Bold Prediction: Star Lotulelei and Jarvis Jones will NOT fall in the draft. Despite what I said in #5, Star and Jones have way too much upside for teams not to take them in the Top 15.
7. Jets Draft Predictions: #9 - Barkevious Mingo - I may think of Mingo as the next VG or Aaron Maybin, but frankly it doesn't matter what I think. He has tremendous upside and the potential to be a legitimate pass rusher. #13 - Jets trade down for two picks in rounds 1-3 and take two Offensive Players with the picks.
Those are my predictions, what are yours?