This is the latest mock that predicts what teams will do, filling both a need and getting the BPA. The Jets
are going to be gettting the Bucs 13th pick in the Revis trade. Lets get this up to 60 responses.
1. KC JOECKEL.... He fills a need at LT. They slide Albert over to RT and have one of the better lines in the NFL. They filled their D this offseason and can contend with the Broncos
for the division.
Alternate Pick: Shariff Floyd
2. JAX WERNER.... The most productive college kid all season at FSU. He is an ideal DE in a 4-3. He can stop the run rush the passer and plays with a mean tare. He has only been in football for three years I think Gus can turn him into JJ Watt. This gives the Jags a pass rusher to help a weak d line. The Jags can do anything with this pick I was undecided who I wanted to put here.
Alternate Pick: Dion Jordan, Jarvis Jones, Mingo
3. OAK FLOYD... The raiders need help in the middle of the defense. They gave up a lot of big runs and couldn’t pressure the qb. With old vets like Kelly walking out the door they will need to help restore the youth on the d line. Floyd is the best DT in the draft who can rush the passer. Oakland can go in a lot of directions such as taking Geno, to help their franchise.
Alternate Pick: Dion Jordan, Geno, Jarvis Jones
4. PHI GENO... As an eagle fan you don’t like this pick. While Fisher would help make their o line better I don’t believe taking him makes the team better. After watching film on Geno via the youtube, I have come away with the impression he has all the tools to get the job done for the Eagle Nation. He is 6’3 can run and has a arm. He is the perfect Qb for Chips offense. He can read the field, doesn’t turn it over, and throws on the run. He can lead an offense that needs someone repsonsbile. Chip gets his guy at 4.
Alternate Pick: Millner, Jordan, Fisher
5. DET FISHER... While Millner would give them a solid guy in the backfield this draft is deep in the secondary. Fisher would allow for the lions to do what they do and that is throw. With their LT retiring there is a need there. Fisher would open up holes for Bush, keep Staffords blindside safe, and allow Calvin to get down field. This is a easy pick.
Altnerate Pick: Millner, Jordan, Werner
6. CLE MILLNER... This pick is also an easy one for me. Thru free agency the Browns
have sured up most of their new 3-4. Joe Haden
is one of the best DBS in the league but they need someone opposite of him. Lombardi the new GM drafts the BPA. Millner allows the Browns to soldifidy their defense and challenge for the North.
Alternate Pick: Ziggny Ansah, Jordan, Jarvis
7. ARI LANE JOHNSON.. New coach Airens can go defense but their defense is not the problem. They could reach and go Barkely but they can get him in the second. Their offense of line is terrible. Snagging the third best linemen in the league makes sense. Johnson is 6’6 and can do it up. Hes quick, is use to a hurry up offense that Oklahoma ran, and plays with technique.
Alternate Pick: Star Loutielli
8. BUF DION JORDAN... This pick can go in either direction, offense, o line, d line, olb. The bills are in the middle of the pack and with newly sided Mario Williams
, their defense is sort of good. Getting the Jets old coordinator on defense means they are moving to a 3-4, meaning they need a good RLB. Dion Jordan is one of the best linebackers in the draft, he is fast, tall, quick, and gets to the qb. Jordan adds to the pass rush the Bills
are looking for.
Alternate Pick: Cordalle Patterson
9. NYJ….JARVIS JONES The Jets are slowly rebuilding and need a OLB to get after the Qb. With a solid D line the jets defense is going to be good, they need to get to the Qb so this pick is an easy one. Jones is arguabley the best player in the draft but hasn’t been picked since teams have gotten better value.
Alternate Pick: Warmack, Mingo, Ziggy
10. TEN CHANCE WARMACK... With an average defense the Titans
could add to that. Their head coach is a former all pro linemen, he may have the biggest say in who they pick. Chance Warmack is a sure thing and may end up being in the hall of fame. The titans signed former Bills OG to a big contract, their o line needs to be great for CJ2k to be valuable. Warmack slides into LG and the Titans have one of the better lines in the league.
Alternate Pick: Mingo
11. SAN DIEGO JONANTANTH COOOPER Ranking behind Warmack Cooper is a great OG. He is athletic can pull and pass block. San Diego has a new coach who knows offense. Rivers needs to stay clean and the o line is not doing this. They draft Cooper to solidify the o line.
Alternate Pick: Patterson
12. MIA XAVIER RHODES... The dolphins have been overspending on average players all offseaon. They have filled needs but their secondary is suspect. They draft a big DB 6’1. Rhodes likes physical play and has the ability to be a lockdown corner.
Alternate Pick: Star
13. Tb trades to NYJ for Revis…. ENZIKEL ANSAH BYU The Jets get a good deal from the Bucs for a top 3 defensive player in football. Revis is the best DB and the Bucs realize this. They give in to the Jets reasonale demands and are instantly a superbowl team. The Jets get a sweet deal and can start adding to their roster. While many Jet fans want to see them add to the offense, the defense can be built to perfection. With Mingo, Ziggy, Moore on the board the jets are in a great location. The Jets take Mingo to play opposite of Jones in the 3-4.
Alternate Pick: Mingo
Jets Rounds 2,3,4
2. P Thomas. One of the better FS in the draft Thomas is a from a small school in Fresno State. New secondary coach hired by the jets coached at FSU so he knows Thomas well and turned him into a All American. Thomas would be the ballhawk in the secondary. The jets are looking at siging Darron Landry a duo of Darron at SS and Thomas at Fs is nice.
3. Stedman Bailey WVU. The jets finally add to the offense. The jets biggest hole is at QB. If they get Kolb people will laugh but give Kolb time n he will make Mart ball great. The Jets have three good rbs and a good o line. Their wrs aren’t bad but could use a insert of youth. Holmes will come back strong knowing Mark wont be the qb, Kerley will tear up the slot and Hill will be able to stretch the field. Bailey is a playmaker, Jets fans will enjoy
4. J Pugh Syracuse. This kid is underated and could be a steal in the draft. He is strong but lacks the ideal quickness to be a tackle. Slide him in between Brick and Mangold and he could turn into a good player. The jets fill their need at og.