Welcome to the inaugural Smackdad TAN, the infamous Thread About Nothing. Just filling in for sp0rtsfan86, who usually posts these. Now, on to the rules.
1) Don't be stupid. No politics, no "Excessive" swearing, and no cursing out other people. No porn. No graphic violence/ gore. Period.
2) The mods have ultimate authority. Sp0rtsfan and I are the TAN mods. If we say drop it, let it go. Same goes for any other mod/editor. Don't argue with us. We have final say, period. We like drama on TV not on GGN.
3) Avoid joking at someone else's expense. Joking is fine, but there is a line. Don't cross it. Don't engage in personal attacks or insults. Don't be the know it all. Have fun, be friendly
4) Arguments are not what the TAN is about. It's about
acknowledging the awesome mightiness of the mods being friendly, getting to know everyone and conversation. Try to see the other person's point of view. Nothing wrong with disagreement, but don't resort to personal attacks and insults. Attacking the reasoning is fine; attacking the person is not.
5) Do not talk ill of others, especially those that are not TANNERS. If somebody you miss hasn't been around, say you miss them, express your concern for them, but do not criticize them for not being around.
6) If a topic is borderline we will warn you. Do not argue. Accept it and move on.
7) Enjoy the TAN, enjoy the internet friends you've met. Enjoy the fact you can rant about work, school, etc on GGN. Enjoy the cat pics.
Tell everyone you know or hope to know how wonderful Smackdad is. Other sites don't have threads like this. ENJOY THE TAN!
8) If there is a problem email sp0rtsfan86 at email@example.com or Smackdad at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll try to work something out so that we don't have issues. We promise you will remain anonymous.
In the meantime ENJOY THE TAN!
And now, on to the Jelly Beans!
The music video for you in this TAN is by an up and coming indie artist named Kina Grannis. Kina built a fanatical following for her music on Youtube, won a Super Bowl contest for a record deal, tried the standard big company record deal path, hated it, quit the deal and returned to her homegrown roots, and produced the single most amazing music video I have ever seen. It was produced using stop motion photography (like Claymation stuff). Even Kina was filmed in stop motion -- i.e., no green screen filming of her singing and dropping the footage into the stop motion video later via computer. Nope, she did it the hard way, filming herself with the jelly beans in innumerable stop motion poses so it looks like she is singing, walking, etc., when in fact it's all done with frame by frame stills. Nearly 2 years, 1357 studio hours and 288,000 jelly beans in the making, here's the lovely, smart and talented Kina Grannis in In Your Arms:
In Your Arms - Kina Grannis (Official Music Video) Stop Motion Animation (via Kina Grannis)