Disclaimer - A bold prediction is not something that is likely or probable to happen. Bold predictions are guesses that are beyond what anyone can reasonably expect to happen, but not so far as to be physically impossible. Saying that Rex Ryan will eat a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts is not a bold prediction, nor is saying that Calvin Pace will have fifteen tackles-for-loss, eight sacks, and five interceptions. By definition, bold predictions are unlikely, but possible, to occur.
Scott Salmon's Bold Predictions:
1. This time it's Muhammad Wilkerson that scores, as Wilkerson's joke that he gets the next goal line carry turns into fruition.
2. Saalim "THE DREAM" Hakim makes a grand entry and shows his speed by returning a kick for a touchdown and scoring on a long bomb from Geno Smith.
3. Kellen Winslow goes absolutely buck-wild on his former team, fulfilling his promise, by scoring two touchdowns, over 150 yards receiving, and is subsequently fined by the league for mooning Cleveland fans.
Smackdad's Bold Predictions:
1. Josh Gordon will be held scoreless and under eighty yards receiving.
2. The legend of Sheldon Richardson will grow, as he scores his second NFL touchdown.
3. Santonio Holmes will make his last Jets home game memorable, catching two touchdown passes, including what proves to be the game-winner.
Last Week's (Mostly) Correct Predictions:
Last week I said that Sheldon Richardson would show up Star Lotulelei. He did just that with four tackles and two quarterback hurries. Oh, and a TOUCHDOWN. I also said Geno Smith would show more improvement, and I would argue he did, excepting his one poor decision that resulted in a pick-six. Smackdad predicted that Coples would have a big day ending in two sacks... He was close, with one sack and one quarterback hit. Smackdad also predicted that Geno Smith would run and pass for more yards than Cam Newton, and he was half correct. Smith threw for less than Newton but ran for almost twice as much.
(Realistic) Final Score Predictions:
Scott - Browns 24, Jets 17
Smackdad - Jets 26, Browns 21