The Jets Currently stand 5-4 2nd in their division behind Brady and the Pats. I think the jets can finish their season 8-8 or 9-7. If the jets can finish 8-8 or 9-7, REX RYAN should receive a nice extension. The jets could possibly have in the neighborhood of 50 million in cap this season. If certain strings are pulled like cutting Mark Sanchez and Santonio Holmes and either cutting or trading or even possibly restructuring highly paid veteran CB Antonio Cromartie. And restructuring David Harris and D'brickashaw Ferguson.
So basically the New York Jets fans can enjoy a very nice offseason.
- Santonio holmes - $8.3 million
- Mark Sanchez - $8.3 million
- Kyle Wilson - $813,000
- Alex Green - $555,000
- D'Brickashaw Ferguson
- David Harris
- Antonio Cromartie
- Bilal Powell - He really came into his own this season and found his role for this team. The kid could have some value. I think the jets should try to trade him . This Rb free agent class is pretty good with guys like MJD or Darren McFadden or Ben Tate.
Resigns: (This contracts are not major deals)
- Austin Howard - He has been playing very consistent since taking Wayne Hunters job at RT. (3 year deal)
- Wille Colon - Having a good year so far and really brings that toughness on the O-line that the jets haven't had since Alan Faneca. ( 3year deal)
- Nick Folk - Having a fantastic pro bowl year while he is still the only kicker not to miss yet this season (3 year deal)
- Jeff Cumberland - He played well for the jets up to this point being a consistent target for the jets. ( 2 year deal)
- Josh Cribbs - provides a nice spark for the jets in several situations. (1 year deal)
- David Nelson - Has been playing very well. ( 1 year deal)
- Jairus Byrd - He just might be the best coverage safety in the league when healthy. Which one of the biggest things the jets lacked this season was coverage. (4 year deal)
- Fred Davis - Great hands and a fast player period will provide a great weapon down field for Geno and the jets. ( 2 year deal)
- Darren McFadden - if he can stay healthy he is easily one of the top backs in the nfl (3 year deal)
- Jacoby Ford - He is a very fast receiver who can add some depth for the jets next season. (1 year deal)
- RD 1 - Jets need to grab one of the top receivers in the first round.
- Sammy Watkins
- Marquise Lee
- Mike Evans
- Jaelen Strong
- Jordan Matthews
- RD 2 - (S) Tre Boston, the jets can use a safety
- RD 3 - (CB) the best corner available.
- RD 3 - (OLB) Demarcus Lawrence
- RD 4 - (G) best guard available
- RD 5 - (OT) best tackle available
- RD 6 - (WR) best wide receiver available
- RD 7 - (P) best punter available