Following the bye, the New York Jets have seven games remaining against the Buffalo Bills, Baltimore Ravens, Miami Dolphins (twice), Oakland Raiders, Carolina Panthers, and Cleveland Browns. With the team currently occupying the #6 spot in the playoffs as the second Wild Card, anything is possible. This thread is our official second half predictions thread. Feel free to post any predictions, bold or regular, that you have and wish to be documented. Here are a few of my own:
- The Jets make it to the divisional round of the playoffs.
- Geno Smith steadies himself the second half of the season and shows a significant amount of development to prove he's a franchise quarterback.
- Following the season, Rex Ryan is given a contract extension.
- The Jets win out an easier second half schedule (with only the Panthers above .500) to go 12-4 on the season.
- Geno Smith, with a solid second half (remember, it's easier for a quarterback to win), wins with Offensive Rookie of the Year, and Sheldon Richardson wins Defensive Rookie of the Year.
- Rex Ryan wins Head Coach of the Year and John Idzik wins Executive of the Year.