1. Kansas City Chiefs - LT Luke Joekel Texas A&M- Luke is the best left tackle since Joe Thomas and by far the best player in this years draft. Hes definitely worth the number 1 overall pick and theres simply no QB worth taking at this point. Kansas City may take a day 2 QB, which alot of recent teams have done, and had success with.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars - DE Bjoern Werner Florida State - Bjoern isn't a speedy pass rusher, but he has the strength to hold up against the run and bull rush LTs backwards to get the the QB. Would immediately step in and help Jax's anemic pass rush
3. Oakland Raiders - DE Damontre Moore Texas A&M - Oakland has so many needs, they take the BPA, which fills a need to help bolster their pass rush
4. Philadelphia Eagles - CB Dee Milliner Alabama - Philly needs major help in the secondary, taking this years number one CB would allow Nnamdi to move to FS, a more natural position for him at this stage of his career.
5. Detroit Lions - OG Chance Warmack Alabama - The Lions have tons of talent on offense, but their OL is getting old and doesn't have the power to hold up against elite pass rushing teams. They can plug Chance in immediately at LG next to Riley Reiff and Dominic Raolia to protect their franchise QB
6. Cleveland Browns TRADE to Carolina for 14th and 46th picks because Cleveland does not have its own 2nd round pick, Carolina Panthers - DT Star Loteluleli Utah - Carolina needs to upgrade their DT position because RBs run up the middle all day long on them. They give up alot to get Star, but he us just that, a Star. He immediately steps in and will be able to help Greg Hardy and Charles Johnson rush the passers because the interior of the OLine will have to double team Star. He gives them a scary DLine for teams to try and stop
8. Buffalo Bills - QB Ryan Nassib Syracuse - Way too high for him to be drafted, but it happens. Look at Ryan Tannehill last year with Miami. Doug Marrone gets his hand picked QB back to develop and hope he's good enough to become a franchise QB in the NFL.
9. New York Jets TRADE to Miami Dolphins for their 1st, 3rd and 5th round picks. Miami selects LT Eric Fisher Central Michigan - Jake Long won't be back because he will be looking for money north of Joe Thomas, and Miami would rather replace him with a player very similar, with maybe not as high of a ceiling. Nonetheless, a new, cheaper LT to protect Ryan Tannehill's blindside
10. Tennessee Titans - DE Dion Jordan Oregon - Tennessee is OK right now at DE, but free agent signing Kamerion Wimbley is 30 and Derrick Morgan has been a bust to this point. A few years ago, Tennessee wanted JPP but the Giants snagged him up a pick ahead of their own. Dion Jordan has similar attributes physically, but is more like Manny Lawson and Aldon Smith, an incredibly athletic speed rusher who with adding some weight can develop into a top tier bookend for years to come
11. San Diego Chargers - OLB Barkevious Mingo LSU - Mingo would play weak side OLB with Melvin Ingram playing sam LB. Shawn Phillips will be 32, and you can never have too much of a pass rush. New head coach Mike McCoy will straigten on Philip Rivers, who will have a great year. I predict 11 wins for San Diego next year and a wild card birth.
12. New York Jets TRADE selection to Arizona for their 2nd and 3rd round 2013 draft picks, and their 1st round pick in 2014. Arizona selects QB Geno Smith West Virginia - The board fell this way and Geno became the second QB taken in the draft, about where he should be drafted. This trade is a win win for both teams. The Jets are rebuilding and need to stockpile picks in order to take Johnny Manziel or Teddy Bridgewater next year high in the draft and Arizona pays a fair price for a potential franchise QB. Arizona hits huge in the 1st round, with Jarvis Jones and Geno Smith. Immediately a 9 win team
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jonathan Banks Mississippi State - Tampa Bay had a really good corner, troubled but very good. They let him go to the Patriots who may have straightened him out. Tampa takes a second chance on another very talented corner who could turn into Antonio Cromartie with the right coaching.
14. Cleveland Browns (from Carolina) - DE Sam Montgomery LSU - Cleveland plans to switch to a hybrid 3-4/4-3 defense, and Montgomery and Jabaal Sheard would team up great to do so. It can never hurt to have enough pass rushers with Joe Flacco, big Ben, and Andy Dalton in your division.
15.New Orleans Saints- DE Ziggy Ansah BYU - The Saints are getting Sean Payton back, so their offense will be able to put up 27 points a game, but they have to address the DLine because Will Smith is done, and Cameron Jordan is better fit for a 3-4 defense. Ziggy Ansah would play weakside DE from day one, and could put up JPP type numbers.
16. St. Louis Rams - FS Kenny Vaccaro Texas - St. Louis has alot of needs, and alot of picks to fill them. They pick the best players available, who happens to fill a huge need for them.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers - SS Matt Elam Florida - Troy Polamalu was a great player, but hes just about done. He cant ever seem to stay healthy and isn't as instinctive as he used to be. Steelers draft his eventual replacement
18. Dallas Cowboys - DT Sheldon Richardson Mizzou - Sheldon adds to a lethal pass rush with Anthony Spencer and DeMarcus Ware on the outsides, and himself and Jay Ratliff in the middle of the defense.
19. New York Giants - C Barrett Jones Alabama - The Giants have to upgrade their OLine to keep bewildered Eli awake. Hes a franchise QB and needs more time in the pocket. Barrett Jones is an incredibly versitale OLineman, who can play all 3 interior line positions and even RT
20. Chicago Bears TRADE selection to St. Louis Rams for the 22nd pick and their 3rd round selection. St. Louis selects WR Keenan Allen Cal Berkeley - Sam Bradford is nearing the point of his career where he needs to step up or be considered a bust. As a first overall selection, the Rams need to surround him with talent to get it done in the tough NFC West.
21. Cincinnati Bengals - RB Giovani Bernard UNC - The Bengals have a top tier receiver with AJ Green and a few good surrounding pieces, but this team is missing a stud running back and thats exactly what Bernard is. Teaming him up with the law firm, the Bengals would have a much more balanced offense and defenses would have to respect the run leaving AJ Green on the outside with one on one coverage. Balance is what makes teams great, look at SF
22. Chicago Bears - Manti Te'o Notre Dame - A huge slide for Manti Te'o on draft day. Chicago has a huge hole at MLB, and Manti would be able to replace the great Brian Urlacher
23. Minnesotta Vikings - WR Justin Hunter Tennessee - Minnesota needs other threats on offense other that AP and Percy Harvin. Justin Hunter would make teams roll coverage to his side, leaving AP with 6 or 7 men in the box to stop the run. Hunter is same receiver Sidney Rice was, giving Christian Ponder a deep threat and a big, tall receiver.
24. Indianapolis Colts - NT Jonathan Jenkins Georgia - If Indy wants to seriously compete, they need serious changes in their front 7. Their secondary is pretty good, but elite teams will take advantage of their small front 7 and man handle them in the playoffs. Andrew Luck can only do so much with no run defense
25. Seattle Seahawks - It's really hard to mock for the Seahawks, because they have so little needs. In this case, they have to take BPA. Seattle selects OG/C Jonathan Cooper UNC
26. Green Bay Packers - ILB Alec Ogletree Georgia - As we saw last weekend, the Packers need huge upgrades in their front 7, because dynamic offenses and QBs can exploit it with ease. Ogletree would team up great with AJ hawk at MLB
27. Houston Texans - WR Cordarelle Patterson Tennessee - Houston has to find a supplemental WR for Matt Schaub, and it would keep defenses honest and they wouldn't be able to double team Andre Johnson every single play. Plus, Andre Johnson is 30 and not getting any younger.
28. Denver Broncos - DT Jonathan Hankins Ohio State - Denvers DLine is terrible outside of Elvis Dumervil, and needs to be upgraded because Ray Rice ran all over them last weekend. They need to stop the run better to allow their lethal pass rush take over games.
29. New England Patriots - NT Jessie WIlliams Alabama - New England needs to start thinking about a replacement for VInce Wilfork in the middle of their defense.
30. Atlanta Falcons TRADES selection to Kansas City for their 2nd and 4th round picks. Kansas City Chiefs select QB Mike Glennon NC State - Kansas City selected Luke Joeckel with the first overall selection and trades up for a potential franchise QB at the end of the 1st round
31. Baltimore Ravens - FS Eric Reid LSU - Even if Baltimore can resign Ed Reed, hes 34 and will have to replaced in the next year or two anyway. Hes also so big, he can play SS and then move to FS when Ed Reed retires
32. San Francisco 49ers - 3-4DE Margus Hunt SMU - San Francisco has the luxary of picking the BPA, and Margus Hunt is a freak of nature at DE. He can eventually replace Justin Smith at weakside 3-4DE and play DT in nickel and dime situations.
***New York Jets select LG Dallas Thomas and RT DJ Fluker with their two second round picks and hopefully swing for the fenses in the 2014 draft with Johnny Manziel or Teddy Bridgewater***