So over at the Thread About Nothing (TAN, which I sincerely hope you check out, we don't bite) we discussed the return of a game/contest because we haven't had one on GGN in a while. So the winds from Revis Island blew a little birdie my way who gave me an idea. Darsh did a few "predict the numbers" posts that were popular, so let's do a weekly game, where you predict particulars about the game. The winner gets pride, and can put it in their sig that they won, and then at the end of the year we'll compile results, and see who GGN's big winner or winners are.
Congrats to last weeks winner: Fartman!
NOTE: PLEASE UNREC LAST WEEKS GAME
So here's the game: I'll give you a set of stats related to a particular player. You give me if he's over, under or push. In each category, there will be a "golden question" which I'll use as a tiebreak, where you have to provide an actual number, and then if you're in the particular range, you get however many points. We'll also use the "golden questions" as tiebreakers, the closer your score is, the better chance you'll win.
Points system: O/U/P is +1 point
Golden's are +3 points if within range, +5 if right on the money.
Note: I know this is short notice, so we'll consider this our trial run. Also, predictions submitted after kickoff won't count.
Take your picks here:
1) Mark Sanchez will throw for 10 attempts
2) Tim Tebow will score 2 rushing touchdowns
3) Eli Manning will throw for 75 yards
4) Greg McElroy will have 8 attempts
5) David Carr will throw for how many yards? (Range +/- 7 yards)
WR and Backs
6) DJ Ware will run the ball 6 times
7) Joe McKnight will have 40 yards rushing
8) Henry Hynoski will have 2 catches
9) Stephen Hill will catch for 45 yards
10) Patrick Turner will have how many catches? (Range +/- 1)
Defense and Special Teams
11) Bart Scott will have 1 sack
12) Nick Folk will covert 2 field goals
13) Calvin Pace will have 3 tackles
14) Lawerence Tynes will miss 1 field goal
15) Steve Weatherford's longest punt will be how many yards? (Range +/- 5 yards)
So there you have it. Again this is just a trial run, and if we get some participation we can keep this running. I will be on vacation this week, so may not be able to answer many questions, but will have the results either Saturday night or Sunday.
Feedback is always appreciated!