The New York Jets have signed undrafted free agent tackle Paul Cornick. The announcement was made by general manager Mike Tannenbaum.
Cornick (6'6", 309) participated in the Jets' rookie minicamp as a tryout player. He earned 2011 AFCA FCS Coaches’ All-America first-team honors as a member of North Dakota State’s first NCAA Division I championship team.
Cornick is quite a versatile player, in 2010 he spent the majority of the season at right guard, as well as playing left and right tackle. He had an extremely impressive 2011 season by allowing just the single sack and no quarterback hurries. Behind a very impressive offensive line headed by captain Cornick, the rushing attack for North Dakota racked up 2,125 yards and 24 touchdowns for 5.53 yards a carry.
He might not be the big name, but he could quietly push for time in a year or so:
* 2011 Missouri Valley Football Conference Preseason Team
* 2011 Phil Steele’s FCS College Preview All-MVFC First Team
* 2011 FCS Senior Scout Bowl Preseason North All-America Second Team
* 2010 All-Missouri Valley Football Conference Second Team
* Two-time 2010 MVFC Offensive Lineman of the Week
* MVFC Honor Roll