I have not followed the draft for very long ( the year we drafted Sanchez was my first live draft ) but this has to be one of the more stranger one's in a long time . Here are 6 things i found very interesting about this years draft .
1) Teams are no longer afraid to trade up ( unless its with the jets ) . The trades in the 1st round just kept coming and coming . It was like there was a fire sale on players and teams didn't want to miss out . Is this a sign of things to come in future drafts ?
2) The so called "draft experts " were left with serious egg on their face as player after player at the top of their draft board kept falling and falling and none of these guys could explain why . I took great pleasure in watching these guys squirm as team after team passed on there guys .
3) The small school guys really made a massive impact on this years draft . It shows teams are no longer afraid to risk picking a small school guy if they think he has the talent .
4) The safety position took a serious dive throughout the whole draft . With the exception of Barron and Smith , 32 teams said the rest of the safety players were not worth it . That 2 years in a row that safety depth was very poor .
5) O line players fell off the charts even in the 1st . DeCastro at 24 ? All those top guys who fell into the 2nd ? I think there was great value to be had at o line this year . Has o line dropped down the list in value with teams in the NFL ?
6) This is the 1st year i watched the draft on ESPN . It was shocking . They really are like a 3rd world broadcaster in comparison to NFL network . Those guys should be ashamed of themselves for taking a paycheque for that crap . It was like the " WAYNE'S WORLD " of draft coverage but in a really bad way .
Did i miss anything ? Feel free to add anything that you got from this years draft .
Comment and tell me what ESPN did wrong lol