NEW YORK, NY - FILE: NFL COmmissioner Roger Goodell poses for a photo with Carolina Panthers #1 overall pick Cam Newton from the UNiversity of Auburn during the 2011 NFL Draft at Radio City Music Hall on April 28, 2011 in New York City. According to reports on July 29, 2011 Newton, the 2011 overall first draft pick and the Carolina Panthers have agreed to a deal for four years and $22 million. (Photo by Chris Trotman/Getty Images)
Ahoy, fellow GGNers! After nearly a week, we have finally finished the GGN Community Mock Draft. Please check out the results below and some analysis on it after the jump.
- Indianapolis Colts - Robert Griffin III, QB
- Washington Redskins - Andrew Luck, QB
- Minnesota Vikings - Morris Claiborne, DB
- Cleveland Browns - Trent Richardson, RB
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Justin Blackmon, WR
- St. Louis Rams - Matt Kalil, OT
- Jacksonville Jaguars - Michael Floyd, WR
- Miami Dolphins - Melvin Ingram, OLB
- Carolina Panthers - Quinton Coples, DE
- Buffalo Bills - Riley Reiff, OT
- Kansas City Chiefs - Dontari Poe, DT
- Seattle Seahawks - Fletcher Cox, DT
- Arizona Cardinals - David DeCastro, OG
- Dallas Cowboys - Dre Kirkpatrick, DB
- Philadelphia Eagles - Luke Kuechly, ILB
- New York Jets - Courtney Upshaw, OLB
- Cincinnati Bengals - Stephon Gilmore, DB
- San Diego Chargers - Vinny Curry, DE
- Chicago Bears - Whitney Mercilus, DE
- Tennessee Titans - Chandler Jones, DE
- Cincinnati Bengals - Janoris Jenkins, DB
- Cleveland Browns - Kendall Wright, WR
- Detroit Lions - Mark Barron, S
- Pittsburgh Steelers - Cordy Glenn, OG
- Denver Broncos - Michael Brockers, DT
- Houston Texans - Jonathan Martin, OT
- New England Patriots - Nick Perry, DE
- Green Bay Packers - Shea McClellin, OLB
- Baltimore Ravens - Dont'a Hightower, ILB
- San Francisco 49ers - Stephen Hill, WR
- New England Patriots - Kevin Zeitler, OG
- New York Giants - Devon Still, DT
Some of these picks are very surprising. Let's start off with RGIII vs. Andrew Luck. It's all but guaranteed that the Colts will take Luck, and I believe there was a report this morning where they said they would take him first overall as well.
I was a little surprised to see the Seahawks take Fletcher Cox instead of Ryan Tannehill. In fact, Tannehill was not selected at all. By all reports, the Seahawks are in love with Tannehill and will gladly take him if he drops to #12, however they don't think it's possible that he'll drop even that far.
I was also surprised with the selections by the Cincinnati Bengals. They took two cornerbacks in the first round. Obviously they need some secondary help, but I think it is a bit of a stretch to imagine them taking both in the first round. After all, Kendall Wright and Stephen Hill were still on the board, and another dynamic receiver will make their offense even more dynamic than it already was last year.
If I had to give a "best value" award, it would be to the St. Louis Rams. There has been discussion of the Vikings passing up Kalil for Claiborne, as they need secondary help, but I can't imagine them actually passing up on a franchise left tackle. Sam Bradford would be thrilled to have Kalil protecting his blindside and as an anchor to a line that needs all the help it can get.
What do you all think? What are your reactions to the mock draft?