Ive read a bunch of stories on here about what to do with the jets first round pick. but in my opinion these are the only 2 options i would consider
1) Trade down- as we all know there are many holes on the Jets that need to be plugged. there trade down targets should include
1) Whitney Mercilus- he is a bit raw and i understand the questions about him being a 1 year wonder but he has the potential to be a dominant pass rusher. amazing first step and raw speed off the edge.HUGEE UPSIDE
2) Dre Kirkpatrick- love the idea of putting him as safety. imagine the disguises that rex can come up with with Dre as FS. has great size
3) Dont'a Hightower- we all know Bart is on his way out and i love this guy as a replacement. ran a 4.68 40 and hits like a truck. the jets linebackers need some speed and he would definately bring it. 3 down linebacker who moved to the outside and rushed the passer on 3rd downs sometimes in college. great blitzer and a perfect fit.
2) hope Trent Richardson falls to 16- i would not like the jets to trade up for him but if he falls to 16 you cant pass him up. would definately bring back ground and pound with him and Greene running the rock. has great hands out of the backfield as well
these are really the only 2 scenarios i feel are the best for the team in the 1st round... that is unless Ingram falls to 16