Scott Salmon typically posts this on Game Day but since this feature has disappeared since the STL game, I thought I'd revive what was becoming a fun tradition here at GGN. My apologies to Scott if he had planned on picking this up again - I just thought it was too good an idea to languish.
Disclaimer - A bold prediction is not something that is likely or probable to happen. Bold predictions are guesses that are beyond what anyone can reasonably expect to happen, but not so far as to be physically impossible. Saying that Mark Sanchez is going to throw for 162 yards and one touchdown is not a bold prediction, nor is saying that Shonn Greene will run for 923 yards and twelve touchdowns. By definition, they are unlikely, but possible, to occur.
With that said, here are my five bold predictions for tomorrow:
1. For the first time this year, the Jets pass rush will really break out, registering 5 sacks against Chad Henne and harassing him all day long. Quinton Coples will lead the charge, having found his way back from his Rex imposed Siberian exile, and record 2 sacks, including one strip sack, a tackle for loss, and a knocked down pass. Muhammad Wilkerson will continue his dominating ways and record two tackles for loss, 2 sacks, and a knocked down pass.
2. Bilal Powell will have a career day, registering 100+ yards in total offense for the first time in his career.
3. Mark Sanchez, after losing his job temporarily, will deliver one of his best performances of the season, throwing for over 250 yards, 2 TDs, no INTs, a completion % over 65%, a QB rating over 100, and zero runs into a teammate's butt.
4. Stephen Hill will register his best game since week 1, leading the Jets with 6 catches for 77 yards and a TD, and most importantly, NO DROPS.
5. Jeff Cumberland will register a career day, catching 4 passes for 60+ yards and a TD.
And a bonus prediction: Antonio Cromartie will get his first pick 6 since week 1.
Final score: Jets 31, Jags 10.
What are your bold predictions for the game?