USA TODAY Sports
On Monday night the New York Jets face the Tennessee Titans. Let's make a few bold predictions about the game.
We will be changing the format of this weekly feature slightly. It is now a joint effort between myself and Smackdad. The first three bold predictions are mine, and the second three are his. We each provided a bonus prediction.
Disclaimer - A bold prediction is not something that is likely or probably to happen. Bold predictions are guesses that are beyond what anyone can reaosnably expect to happen, but not so far as to be physically impossible. Saying that Mark Sanchez is going to throw for 162 yards and one touchdown is not a bold prediction, nor is saying that Shonn Greene will run for 923 yards and twelve touchdowns. By definition, bold predictions are unlikely, but possible, to occur.
With that said, here are our bold predictions for Monday night:
1. The Jets will dominate in all facets of the game en route to a blowout victory.
2. The Shonn Greene/Bilal Powell tandem will combine for nearly 200 yards rushing and two touchdowns.
3. Special teams will finally recover from their slump and block a punt.
5. Jeremy Kerley will have the second best day of his career, registering six catches for 90+ yards and a touchdown.
6. The Jets will hold Chris Johnson under 65 yards rushing and less than four yards per carry.
7. The first play of the game will be a deep pass to Braylon Edwards, that will likely fall incomplete.
8. Sanchez will neither fumble the ball nor be intercepted for only the third game this year.
Final Score Prediction: 28-10, NYJ