Today the New York Jets face the New England Patriots. Let's make a few bold predictions about the game.
Here are my five bold predictions for today's matchup against the New England Patriots.
- Tim Tebow makes an appearance on defense and blitzes, ala Joe McKnight.
- Quinton Coples has a breakout game, recording three sacks of Mr. Tom Brady.
- Mark Sanchez breaks 300 yards passing after his 82 yard outing last week.
- The New York Jets fake a field goal attempt and score a touchdown off of it.
- Despite facing one of the better run defenses in the league, Shonn Greene continues where he left off last week and breaks 100 yards rushing.
I'm feeling saucy today, and I have a good feeling about the game, so I'll throw in two bonus predictions.
- RB Jonathan Grimes catches a passing touchdown and runs for 50 yards himself, solidifying his place on the team.
- LB Marcus Dowtin doesn't play on defense, but forces a fumble on special teams.
What are your bold predictions for today?
Edit: Disclaimer - Whenever I do these, it always feels like a lot of people don't get the concept of a "bold" prediction. That is, they assume I mean that these are likely or probable to happen. They aren't. Bold predictions are guesses that are beyond what anyone can reasonably expect to happen, but not so far as to be physically impossible. Saying that Mark Sanchez is going to throw for 162 yards and one touchdown is not a bold prediction, nor is saying that Shonn Greene will run for 923 yards and twelve touchdowns. By definition, they are unlikely, but possible, to occur.