Not all is lost, my friends. The season, while not ending the way we hoped, still had many positives come from it. This list is based on comments in a previous thread by myself and GGNer Noble_Lance. It is in no particular order.
- Our draft picks from this year and last, including Muhammad Wilkerson, Jeremy Kerley, Kyle Wilson, Vladimir Ducasse, and Joe McKnight, all stepping up and doing well.
- Leading the league in red-zone efficiency at 66%.
- Acquiring Aaron Maybin, who led the team with 6 sacks and 4 forced fumbles. We watched as he developed into the speed rusher we so sorely need.
- Antonio Cromartie becoming a much more consistent cornerback as the season progressed, and giving us arguably the best CB tandem in the league.
- Shonn Greene becoming the bell cow and reaching 1,000 yards for the first time in his career. We also saw him becoming much better as a receiver.
- Although we did not have the personnel of the Patriots, we still saw a significant number of two-TE sets with Keller/Cumberland and Keller/Baker.
- Perfect use of LaDainian Tomlinson as the 3rd-down RB. As we all saw during the Miami game, he still had burst at the end of the season. He was used properly this year.
- Mark Sanchez posting career numbers in yards, touchdowns, and accuracy.
- Plaxico Burress giving us a red-zone presence that we badly, badly needed.
- Matt Slauson and Sione Pouha becoming dependable rocks on their respective lines and becoming leaders in the process.
There is a lot for the New York Jets to improve upon, but make no mistake about it. This year was not all bad.