Isn't it frustrating when a random football fan makes fact-less claims about your favorite teams? The past two years, many football fans have had a plethora of misconceptions about our New York Jets. Look after the jump to see the list. Note* This list is based things I've seen from other fans across SB nation and from my school.
- Bart Scott is the best linebacker on the Jets roster. Dying down lately, but Scott's penchant for talking and Harris's quiet demeanor takes away from the fact that Harris is the superior linebacker.
- Darrelle Revis only began to play at an elite level in 2009. This is a frustrating one...Revis was a starter from day one and was immediately in the upper echelon of corners upon entering the league. By the end of his rookie year he was already elite.
- Rex Ryan talks trash about opposing teams and players. This is one of the most common misconceptions about Rex. People believe he degrades the opposing team when in fact Rex just praises his players (whether they suck or not; Vernon Gholston) or expresses the utmost confidence in them.
- The Jets have a fearsome pass rush. Perhaps not that common, but I have read that belief across other SB Nation blogs a good amount of times. A solid amount of people think the Jets sack the quarterback a good amount, whereas that's an area of concern and we rely on scheme to get to the QB.
- The Jets spend a ridiculous amount of money on FA's and don't build throughout the draft. This is pretty self explanatory but check out GreenBeer's article on this, it's really good. http://www.ganggreennation.com/2011/5/18/2178510/the-jets-a-team-built-through-the-draft
- The Jet's spend money on FA's just like the Washington Redskins. This could not be further from the truth. The Jets spend money for players who fit their scheme and take calculated risks on guys who have been in trouble before. The Redskins throw as much money possible at the biggest name/ talented player, regardless if it runs in the scheme, etc.
Those are just a few examples of thoughts other fans incorrectly have of the Jets, specifically AFC East rivals. Agree? Disagree? Any other additions?