This post is to highlight some pretty good prospects that the jets can pick up late in the draft or in FA and get a playmaker. This will be in two categories and that is rush OLB's and NT's im trying to find people who can make an impact and these two positions are two that we Kinda desperately need. s
1. Jeremy beal, Oklahoma - Rounds 5-6. 6'3 260lbs. 28 sacks over four years. 20 in over 2 years.
2.Steven friday, virginia tech - Rounds 5-7 6'4 250lbs. 12 sacks over 2 years.
3. Rodney gnat, Louiseville - Round 7-FA 6'3 253lbs. 11 sacks over 3 years. 9 in 2010.
4. Kenny Rowe,Oregon - Round 7-FA. 6'3 232 lbs. 23 sacks over 3 years (4 years of playing)
5.Wayne daniels, TCU - round 5-7. 6'2 250lbs. 13 sacks over 3 years. 7 in 2010.
My choice for value and production would be Gnat as he had one good year at the end of his colleg career but this was due to only then getting a good defensive minded coach to coach him.
1. Anthony Gray, Southern miss. Rounds 5-7 6'0 330lbs. 39 reps on bench press at pro day. This guy is powerful and can take up some gaps a bit heavy but carries it well.
2. Frank Kearse, Bama A&M. 6'4 318lbs big tall NT prospect stats wont wow you but should be good value late in daft or FA.