Recently, I've read a few articles regarding players missing out on bonuses this off-season, due to the lockout. On the surface, it isn't really big news, or unexpected. If we look closer, this news will help us out a great deal if a cap returns in 2011.
- LT D’Brickashaw Ferguson – $750,000 (85%)
- DE/OLB Bryan Thomas – $500,000 (85%)
- DL Mike DeVito – $300,000 (90%)
- DE/OLB Calvin Pace – $250,000 (85%)
- ILB Bart Scott – $250,000 (85%)
- RB LaDainian Tomlinson – $200,000 (85%)
For most of these guys (except for DeVito), this looks like chump change. If we add it all up though it comes out to $2,250,000. That's enough money to sign 1 or 2 more vets that we probably wouldn't have resigned otherwise. This could mean Ellis, Turner, Hunter, or even one of the guys we cut. The less we change personnel wise, the better we will be in 2011, so this extra cash can go a long way toward keeping this team as intact as possible.