Mike Tannenbaum has a lot of work to do and depending on the timing of the new CBA, he may not have much time to do it. The Jets have four premier Free Agents, Harris, Cromartie, Holmes and Edwards. There is a question on whether the Jets will be able to afford all of them, and if not , who will be the odd man out. The focus on these four is important because it defines the direction and potential success of the 2011 team. There is however 14 other Free Agents on the Jets Roster that could be a vital part of the Jets future. The Jets will let go of some and resign others.
The questions are " What are the priorities ?, Who would you Sign ? Who would you may over Market price ?
I'm ranking these players in order of importance. Kindly submit your own rankings.
1. Brodney Pool SS -Late season work makes him a starter in 2011
2. Wayne Hunter OT- Will compete with Ducasse for starting RT
3. Brad Smith WR- TigerCat supporter, depth at WR, Special Teams Ace
4. Robert Turner Center, OG- We haven't had any injuries lately on the OL, vital depth
5. Drew Coleman CB- Playing better under Ryan, Rex can't have too many CB's
6. Shaun Ellis DE- Ranked very low, Shaun makes a lot of money, at the end of a great career
7. Eric Smith Safety- Marginal starter, role player on Defense, outstanding special teams
8. Jame Ihedigbo Safety- Odd man out in the Safety group, if he could only cover
9. Steve Weatherford Punter- Up and Down, but looks promising
10. Kellen Clemens QB- Brunell has done his mentoring, Kellen cheap game manager
11. Lance Laury ILB, SP- Done, Mauga stepped up and can actually be a backup at ILB
12.Nick Folk Kicker- There has to be a better alternative, maybe not.
13 . Trevor Pryce DL- Almost Done
14. Tony Richardson FB - Done, Great man