Going into week 15 you'd think I was crazy to say that Indy doesn't end up with the first pick. My draft order is according to my projected winners in week 17. Most importantly, I have the Jaguars losing on purpose to Indy so St. Louis wins the Andrew Luck sweepstakes and Indy ends up with the 3rd overall pick. Think about it, I dont think the Jaguars would mind losing on purpose if it meant that Indy wouldnt end up with Andrew Luck. Theyve been abused by P Manning since they became a franchse and Im sure they would rather Luck goes elsewhere.
1. St. Louis Rams (2-14) - TRADE ALERT The Rams end up with the 1st overall pick in this mock draft because Jacksonville lays down for Indy and also because there's rumors that Indys players would rather support a recovering Manning than Luck whose never taken a snap in the NFL. THE PROJECTED ASKING PRICE FOR THE NUMBER ONE PICK IN THIS DRAFT IS 3 1ST ROUND PICKS AND 2 2ND ROUND PICKS. I KNOW MIKE HOLMGREN HAS NEVER TAKEN A FIRST ROUND QB, BUT ANDREW LUCK IS THE BEST SINCE '98. The Cleveland Browns move up from the 6 pick to number 1 surrendering their 6th selection (own), their 25th overall pick (f/ATL for Julio Jones), their 37th pick (own), and their own 1st and 2nd round picks in 2013. Let that sink in... Cleveland surrendered two high picks in next years draft a few this year to land a true franchise QB that this franchise has been lacking since theyve been in existence.
2. Minnesota Vikings (3-13) - Matt Kalil OT USC.. He is the best non quarterback in this draft and protecting Ponder has to be Minnesotas highest priority. There's rumblings around the league that scouts compare him to Joe Thomas and Jake Long
3. Indianapolis Colts (3-13)- They won themselves out of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes and have so many needs to fill it would make sense for them to try and trade back. Bill Polian, imo wont get his asking price in a trade so they elect to go with Morris Clairborne CB LSU
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-12)- Tampa is stuck here. Their biggest need, CB has already been chosen and LB Kuchely from BC is a reach. They opt to go with the BPA with Trent Richardson RB Alabama. He would immediately become the feature back and would place Blount into power sets only. Freeman would a ton of weapons to throw to and a stud RB that can carry the load all game for an entire season.
6. St. Louis Rams (2-14) (f/Cleveland Browns( 4-12) - The Rams now have 2 first round picks and 2 2nd round pick this year so they can address a few different areas of need. They are OT, CB, WR, OLB, SS and G. it just so happens that Matt Kalil, Blackmon, and Clairborne are already all off the board. They too, are stuck. The Rams make a bit of a reach pick here but go Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina. He's big, physical, and at one time considered a top 5 pick. With the running game the Rams have as well as their TE Lance Kendricks and Brandon Lloyd, the Rams passing attack becomes scary to defend.
7. Washington Redskins (5-11)- Rumor is that Mike Shanahan was very interested in Andrew Luck, however they didn't have the fire power that the Browns had in terms of picks to pull off such a blockbuster trade. They elect the heisman trophy winner Robert Griffin III QB Baylor. Matt Barkley opting to head back to USC made RG3 fly up draft boards the way the lockout forced Jake Locker and Blaine Gabbert to go in the top 10 last year.
8. Carolina Panthers (6-10)- Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama. The Panthers take a little bit of a reach with this pick but the BPA don't fit their needs. Carolina needs beef up front with DT and immense secondary help and they felt it best to reach for a need than take a player who doesn't fill a need at a position that they are already competent at
9. Buffalo Bills (6-10)- Jonathan Martin RT Stanford. They must protect Fitzpatrick after foolishly pulling the trigger on early season succes and extending him $62 million
10. Miami Dolphins (6-10)- David Decastro RG Stanford Miami has a very solid offensive line in place already and they get even stronger with one of the safest picks in this draft. If even Reggie Bush can run behind their current offensive line, imagine what he can do with Decastro mauling LBs at the second level
11. Arizona Cardinals (7-9)- Riley Reiff LT Iowa Levi Brown, a former first round pick is absolutely terrible. They need to upgrade so John Skelton doesn't have to take snaps while their "franchise QB" Kolb sits on the sidelines so he doesnt get hurt
12. Kansas City Chiefs (7-9)- Peter Konz C Wisconsin Casey Wiegman will be 34 soon and the Pouncey brothers have made it OK to draft a center this high, the Chiefs need to get younger on the offensive line to protect whoever is under center next season
13. San Diego Chargers (7-9)- Cordy Glenn LG Georgia San Diego needs to upgrade the O line in order to be able to open running lanes for Mathews and keep Rivers standing in the pocket
14. New York Jets (8-8)- Courtney Upshaw OLB Alabama I dont really agree with this pick, but rumor is that our front office is absolutely in love with Upshaw. If the board falls this way, and he's available for us, we wouldn't think twice about pulling the trigger. This pick would mean the end of Bryan Thomas tenure in NY and less playing time for Aaron Maybin. Uphsaw reminds me of Pace, not a great pass rusher but is a stud setting the edge against the run. In my opinion, we have other positions that need to be addressed like RT, FS, SS, big WR. But none are available at this time so we opt for Upshaw.
15. Tennessee Titans (8-8)- Vontaze Burfict MLB Arizona State stud MLB that fits the mold of a Tennessee defensive player, he plays with intensity and fire and would be a great leader going forward for this defense
16. Seattle Seahawks (8-8)- Some people think Landry Jones or Ryan Tannenhill at this pick, but I think Pete Carroll goes with the BPA with just so happens to fit a very large need on the defensive line. Quinton Coples DE North Carolina. Raheem Brock and Chris Clemons are both aging and Coples is a top 5 talent, no doubt Carroll goes in this direction
17. New York Giants (8-8)- Luke Kulchely MLB Boston College Coughlin has ties to BC and he'd rather go in this direction than Hightower from Alabama
18. Philadelphia Eagles (8-8)- Donta' Hightower MLB Alabama Hes better fit for a 3-4 defense, but Andy Reid can't deny that his LBs are abysmal
19. Chicago Bears (8-8)- Alfonzo Denard CB Nebreska Tillman is getting up there in age and Chicago needs youth at the position
20. Denver Broncos (8-8)- Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama Denvers secondary is getting old, quick, youth is a must
21. Cincinnati Bengals (9-7) (f/Oakland for Palmer) - Chris Polk RB Washington Benson is 29, slow and overpaid
22. Dallas Cowboys (9-7)- Melvin Ingram 3-4DE South Carolina Ingram needs to gain 10-15 pounds to be able to succeed at this position but I'm sure Rob Ryan will be able to make the most of his talent
23. Cincinnati Bengals (9-7)- Mark Barron SS Alabama Secondary help is the biggest need for Cincy. Taylor Mays is a bust and needs to be replaced
24. Detroit Lions (10-6)- LT Mike Adams Ohio State Backus will be 34 soon and needs to be replaced so Stafford can stay healthy
25. St. Louis Rams (2-14) (f/Atlanta -->Cleveland-->for 1st pick for Andrew Luck)- Zebrie Sanders Florida State Protecting Bradford needs to be paramount for St. Louis to ever compete
26. Houston Texans (11-5)- Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame Andre Johnson needs a complement so he isn't triple covered every play, thus leading to him getting hurt. Imagine this offense with Shaub taking snaps, Foster running the ball, and Andre Johnson and Michael Floyd running routes with Owen Daniels whose basically an H Back
27. Baltimore Ravens (12-4)- Dwayne Allen TE Clemson The NFLs a copycat league, Baltimores offense would go to another level with s stud TE for Flacco to throw to
30. New England Patriots (13-3)- Lamar Miller RB Miami Can you imagine how tough it would be to defend an offense that can run the ball with authority as well as move the ball through the air like the Patriots can? As a jet fan, i hope this pick doesn't happen
31. Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4)- Jayron Housley CB Virginia Tech Pittsburghs main need is offensive line help and there's no one that they pick at this spot. Anyone would be a major reach so Pitt elects for secondary help at the aging CB position
32. Green Bay Packers (15-1)- For a 15-1 team, Green Bay has a few major needs on defense. They need to find a pass rusher opposite Clay Matthews, get younger at CB, RE, and depth at SS. Most importantly, pass rusher. Andre Branch 3-4OLB Clemson He needs to drop about 10-15 pounds to be able to play this position but can that easily and it wouldn't hurt having Clay Matthews to talk to for advice
Leave comments regarding your opinion, ect... Disregard this post completely if Indy ends up with the first pick.. That would change the entire board and how it falls