John B wrote a very interesting article about a monster trade with the colts to try and draft Andrew Luck .
There are some good points to this and some bad points that i wish to list
The good :
1) Difference in cap: Sanchez is due to earn $14,253,125 in 2012 . Last years 1st pick Cam Newton signed a 4 year $22m contract . I would expect Luck's contract to be around the same next year . Changing QB's could save us about $6m in cap space
2) Luck seems to have a higher ceiling than sanchez ever will so picking up Luck could be the best move all round for this stuttering franchise going forward .
3) Kolb was traded to the Cardinals for a 1st round pick and a top 10 corner in D-R-C . Sanchez should be worth close to this if not more as Sanchez has done more in the pro's to this point than Kolb did when he was traded .If we could get a 1st round pick for Sanchez from a team with a top 10 pick trading up with the colts could well be in our reach.
1) We might be letting sanchez go too early in his career . A new OC might change this guy around for us .
2) We would be starting from scratch again at the QB position . Sanchez made it to the championship game his 1st year so maybe Luck could do the same .
3) Maybe getting rid of Sanchez might not go down too well with the rest of the team. He seems to lack leadership on the field but seems to have plenty when off it .
I'm sure there are other positives and negatives to any changing of the guard at the Qb position but one thing is for sure , this team needs some surgery during the next off-season and we as a franchise should not shy away from making any tough decisions regarding the future of this team .That happened this off-season and the team are suffering because of it .
We need Mike T and Rex to step up to the plate this coming off-season and get rid of the dead weight from this team . If they see Luck as a better option going forward then they should not be afraid ti make any moves necessary to get their man